Translate

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Saturday thoughts...

How easy would it be to grab our worst qualities smack some sense into them then put them back in their place? Maybe it is that easy. I may have mentioned it before but if I haven't here is it. I see bad qualities as good qualities in the making. If there is a genuine interest in over-coming something that is stopping you from being the best person you can be to yourself, then it's worth investing time to fix it or replace it with something that will work for you. That is how I see it.

If you've been keeping up with my blog you already know that I have admitted several times that I can not sing, I can but not nicely, therefore I write and I am happy with it. That may not qualify as a bad quality however the emotions that I allowed to take over, because I was frustrated about it, were bad ones. The reason why I'm talking about this is that I beat my head over not having the ability to sing. I was not interested in becoming famous for it, I just wanted to not to hurt people's ears when I open my mouth to sing. I sing when I am alone so my poor ears are happy I am not alone more often, lmao. I don't beat myself over it anymore. I resolved it but I had to deal with it instead of letting it sit just under the surface, eating at me as those things tend to do.

My sister, my parents and my deceased brother all received astonishing vocal abilities, it skipped me and I am sure now more than ever that there was a reason for that.


Our strengths are what they are, no use in denying it, how we use that is a whole different story. We are happier when we do what we love to do. Find what you love to do and do it, there is no time like the present. Do yourself a favor and ask yourself what has you so upset? Switch your focus from what upsets you to what makes you smile? Sometimes we do not have all the answers to what troubles us yet we can choose not to let it consume our lives, re-focus on something that makes you happy, work towards it, and it you achieve it keep nurturing it, you'll be happier for it as long as it's legal-I had to throw that in! You've heard me say it before and you'll probably hear me saying it again. Somethings are worth repeating somethings just aren't.

0 comments:

What I Listen to When Writing:

 
Free Web Hosting | Top Hosting