Translate

Thursday, February 23, 2006

My day so far...not.

I began writing about how my day was going so far then I thought I'd keep my high and lows to myself, so of course I deleted it and changed the subject. Instead I am in the mood to talk about an idea my oldest daughter had. She wants us to enter the Breast Cancer 3 day 60 mile walk in October. My first reaction was 60 miles!!!! I'm lucky if I can bike 25 miles in a weeks let alone walk 60! She sets ambitious goals and she wants me to go along on this one. It poses a few interesting questions. For example, will we be ready in time? How do I know where I will be in October? Obviously, I have a decision to make and I will be making it soon. If I am not able to participate at least she can do it for the both of us.

Thankfully there is no history of breast cancer in our family yet that's not going to stop us from doing what we can to bring awareness to it. One thing I learned today was that 200,000+ people in the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year and approximately 40,000 will not survive! That is a staggering number! If you would like to check if your city will be participating in the 3-Day Walk visit www.the3day.org or call 1-800-996-3Day.

See you later,

N.

0 comments:

What I Listen to When Writing:

 
Free Web Hosting | Top Hosting