Translate

Thursday, May 4, 2006

Touching it again

I may have touched on this before and if I have so be it, I am moved to touch it again. Why do we take so much for granted? This is going directly to me and not to anyone else. I went for my morning walk, which for several reasons I couldn't go on yesterday. There I was walking and frustrated over things that seemed to be a matter of crucial importance until I calmed down and took a few deep breaths. It sharply and quickly became clear to me how fortunate I am for so many different reasons. Yes, I do not like how certain things have played out and the major effects are still being dealt with yet never the less if I let that over shadow what is to be appreciated then that is all my doing. If I were to make a list of what I am grateful for the only thing on that list would be the words "The people in my life". I can sit here now and say that yet when some of those people in my life make horrible choices, it is hard to appreciate what they have done but the love and affection never leaves because it is not conditional to what they do, it is given freely for who they are and what they mean to me. Difficult situations can be overcome yet it may not always be possible to over come the impact some people make in our lives. I tend to take away only the good from past experiences yet the bad also helps me remember what to watch out for because let’s get real, not everyone has good intentions and for their amusement they attempt to take you down their paths to play their games. By my own admission, at times I am too uptight for my own good and after learning where that stems from I am better able to not take the people in my life for granted. I recently mentioned this to a friend, when perception and reality meet it is not always a pleasant thing. How to deal with that is the hard part. My old ways gave me the same old results. I want to carry less baggage around, have fewer hassles, live brighter and larger, help others more, while appreciating my family and friends no matter where they or I may be at any given moment. The goal is to focus on that and I hope I can do that more consistently.

0 comments:

What I Listen to When Writing:

 
Free Web Hosting | Top Hosting