Translate

January 11, 2006

Memory Lane

I was thinking about something funny that happened to me when I was younger. I was enthralled with horses, wanted one so bad but wasn't going to get one, no matter how much I asked. The next best thing was merely riding one. Man, I was so excited that I was finally going to ride a horse.

The day finally came and there we were a group of 5 or 6 kids, and everyone ready to go. I carefully sat on the saddle and had the biggest smile ever. The handler gave us directions and tips and he made sure we knew how to stop the horse. Nothing like getting on and not knowing how to get off right! Anyway, everything was nice, we were trotting along when all of the sudden my horse decided it just didn't want to go at my pace and he broke on a sprint. In the meantime, I am more than confused, wondering what on earth got into the horse. Regardless of what caused it, there I was bouncing off the saddle as if about to be tossed, my hair all over the place and I could barely see and all I could hear was everyone behind me laughing their heads off. I remember passing someone whose horse was hungry and had stopped to eat. The rider was waving at me as I hurried by and I'm thinking don't wave, help me stop this thing!

I wish I could tell you who finally stopped the horse as I can not remember yet I have never looked at a horse the same ever since. The buggers! lol

0 comments:

What I Listen to When Writing:

 
Free Web Hosting | Top Hosting