] Pondering: This morning's adventure

Search

April 10, 2006

This morning's adventure

Wheeeew...made it through another (explicative left out on purpose) weekend!!! Did some spring cleaning and some painting. I was going to give you details of how the weekend transpired yet something else is going to take it's place. This morning I began this article, only managed to write one line and had to save it as a draft because I was needed elsewhere. No problem, I thought, until I could not get back in the house because I had locked myself out and was confined to the garage.

"Oh well" was my first reaction. From there I went into, "Okay, this has happened once before and I managed to get in." So off I went to locate the one thing that could help me get in. No, it was not the key. I've been meaning to make a copy and hide in the garage somewhere yet knowing me I would eventually forget where I hid it. I unfolded one of the chairs and sat very confidently working on the lock and thinking "it's a small bump on my day, it's a piece of cake nothing to worry about."

Several hours later there I was, still in the garage. Clearly what I was doing was not working. I was busy thinking of all I needed to get done while still trying the same thing to get the door open. I tossed that whole plan out and formulated another one which finally worked and I have been inside the house for about a half and hour now. Of all the thoughts that ran through my mind was that I was not going to be able to recuperate the time I spent trying to get in, the time had been consumed, it had past. I had to come up with a new plan of action so I can accomplish all I had intended before I locked myself out. I opted to take care of the more crucial thing like eating something before I pass out and pace myself with the rest. There was no point in beating myself up for the lost time, despite the fact that I was not even sure that I was the one who locked the door, I thought someone else did on their way out while I was outside.

For a while there I was beginning to think I would have to spend the day in the garage. Just for those few moments I began to think of what I could organize or even make while out there. It seems like one is on automatic pilot going from one situation to the other without stopping to take a minute, pause and step back to take a look at what is right there. I have to stop talking myself into constant work, change my "what am I going to do next" mind frame and just be content with where I am at the present moment or that too will slip by and I will not be able to appreciate my current situation because I was too busy worrying about later. I believe that is referred to as seizing the moment. A nice thought yet not so easy to do when a vast number of thoughts and feeling are tossed in the mix.

I tried to relax to no avail. Then a funny thought came to mind. I would laugh my head off If there is an extra key out there and found it at a later date. Being stuck in the garage reminded me that things happen and no need to go around trying to blame someone because most likely they will not even admit to it and worse another argument comes from it. That was something I should have remembered earlier during the weekend and I am sure I would have had a more pleasant time.

That was my adventurous morning thus far...going to grab a bite to eat and hopefully that will go smoothly, lol.

All Posts

Labels

quotes favorite videos life photo music fav videos photos Tech Technology Justin.tv pictures Hurricane Via Text Message video Nixzmary Brown backstory quote videos Blogs Visited Featured Featuring Twitter also on Instagram love Forums Site of the Day beach giving thanks josh groban mobile blogging nature norbela norbela blog phrase self broadcasting time weather 2019 Charity Christmas Florida Forums List Gas Price Links Mobile News Philanthropic Resources Rob Thomas Side bar Sports Links Travel Updated Virginia Tech Shooting Tragedy anniversary app backstories by norbela choices earthquake map embedded tweets fav video hashtag life lessons loss loved picture picture messages rain remember rss sunset vast weather links youtube.com #JusticeforGeorgeFloyd #beatcancer #nowwatching #phrase #tway 2001 2005 Hurricane Resource Page 2020 2020Search.com 2nd Anniversary About Albert Alison Krauss Anyway Video Arts Awesome Christmas Videos BB Lebron Barry Barry White Blackbird Pie Blog Roll Blogger app Blogs Britain's Got Talent Caladisi Carlos Santana Christian Lander Christmas Music Cinemadness Podcast Coldplay Creative Crisis line Daughtry Digital Double Rainbows Dunedin Dunedin Causeway Elections Elizabeth Barret Browning Elvis Presley Emotions. Norbela.blogspot.com Episode 14 Eric Clapton Expectations Facebook Fleetwood Mac Food for thought Fort Hood Fortin Franchise Friday the 13th Ft. Hood Tragedy Future of Live TV Gasoline Commentary Gifts Good news Green Happy Place Health Heart Help Maddy Helping Holiday Videos Home How to Ideas If I can dream If everyone cared Instagram Jason John Wooden Keep Kerry Packer Latin Resources Lauren Daigle Lenny Kravitz Leona Lewis Links Little Wonders Video Louisiana Love is Ma Crosby's Madeleine is Missing Mark Knopfler Martina McBride Massacre at VA Tech Memorial Day Memory Lane MentalHealth Merry Christmas Microsoft Presents Movies NOLA New Orleans New York Nickelback Oldies Orlando Office Shooting Pinellas Hope Florida Pinterest Puerto Rico Qik RL Rally Recipe fail Renewable Energy Roberta Flack SelfCare Seminole Vo-Ed September September 2019 Septermber 11 Shaggy Sheryl Crow I shall believe Video Signofthecoronavirustimes Smooth Video Spanish St. John USVI St. Thomas Stevie Nicks Stevie Wonder Sunrise Susan Boyle The day after This Too Shall Pass Tia Marie Tips To Where You Are Video Tragedy Trends Tuesday post Tweets Uncomfortable Updated Blog List VA Tech victims not forgetten Various Artists Victor Hugo Vieques Vimeo Wonderful Tonight Worldwide Causes You and I You say add adornos de navidad alone android animals anonymous assertive auto play songs autumn band be you bench betanews.com birds blog changes blog theme blogger brain brave break bricks candle change checking chores colors cooking corn meal muffins coronavirus19sucks crashing decorate decorating decoration docks dog dogs doing good dreams earthquakes educational sites excellent day fact fake fall fathers day favorite links favorite pictures feel firefox 2 firstrespondersrule flood flu focus fresh air fulfill fun funny global goals google desktop greeting headlines healing healthier history holiday honeymoon island honoring horses https://norbela.blogspot.com/2006/03/his-name-was-albert.html hurricane tracking hurt husky iguana inspiration interactive international itunes itweaked jewel kidatheart kindness lake laughing leaves lifechanging link to profile of va tech victims listen listing of news outlets lost memories milestones moments motivation music video my version mytouch 4g neuroscience new year news outlets news stream night norbela.blogspot.com not just an organ open original outdoors paper passport patrol pavers people watching periodical photography picsart picture day planter podcasting poem poetry pondering postcards pkg (8) priority projects pumpkins radar reading real real life recharge rescue rincon puerto rico sayings screen shots season self preservation severe silence sisters smiling snakes social media solved special sports status stay home stillness story time saturday strength student summer surprise teacher test thankfulness the future thinking of you thought of the day thoughts tiger woods to where you are trees tropical storm twitter media vacation value vase veterans tribute volleyball walk weather and flood weather radio stations website issues weekend welcome home widgets wise woman working out world you can